TITLE Director of Artist Growth
START DATE Flexible
REMUNERATION Dependent on experience
LOCATION Shanghai or Beijing
Reporting to our Managing Director, your role as Director of Artist Growth(with a focus on International Artists in China), is to ensure that labels and artist management view Split Works as the strongest partner in China for all their artists, by creating and executing results drivenand unique Digital & Live Marketing Campaignsfor their artists.
What you will do:
- Build & maintain excellent relationships with our global Artist Management clients, understanding their needs and making sure our Chinese strategies complement the global artist marketing viewpoint.
- Identify, negotiate, develop and execute unique artist marketing campaigns and drive delivery of these campaigns through your team. Ensure maximum artist participation at every stage by leveraging your relationships with artist management and labels.
- Manage the Editorial, Content(with a focus on short video)& Marketing teams. UseDouyin, Kuaishou, Bilibili and other visual channels to make engaging content.
- Prioritize building our own channels (direct relationships with fans).
- Proactive communications & reporting to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed e.g. territories, editorial, acquisitions, social, PR, CRM, ad sales, product, brand/studio, partnerships etc.
- Liaise closely and regularly with Business Development& other cross functional teams to help drive and execute opportunities with third parties for artist marketing campaigns.
- Record and track the status of all campaigns in a project management system. Ensure the team uses this system to create efficiencies and accountability. Thorough, professional and timely reporting on campaigns.
- Create a learning culture, by focusing on continuous improvement initiatives, by regularly reviewing data & other measures of success.
What we are looking for :
- 8+ years of work experience in an entertainment / omni-channel marketing company preferably working with artist/creators to market/promote/programme their content.
- Relationships with the platforms. You must be a native on these channels.
- Excellent people skills: You are a great communicator who can build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and has the ability to explain complex topics in simple, clear terms.
- Professional written and verbal communication. Full professional proficiency in English & Mandarin, both written and spoken.
- Able to craft and deliver professional level presentations, keynote preferred.
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines
- Relationships in the music industry. Strong understanding of music industry supply chain processes and label and repertoire owner set up.
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret and apply data
- Keep abreast of latest artists, releases and music industry and music technology news
- Experience and talent at managing high performing teams, ensuring that members are happy and motivated
LIFE @ SPLIT WORKS
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and results-focused people ready to drive innovation
- Geographically dispersed team, so looking for someone who wants to lead without being micromanaged
- Strategic thinking mindset
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com explaining in English why you are perfect for this role.