If you love your alternative music both Chinese and foreign, speak both English and Mandarin, have good writing skills and want to work with a (mostly) young, (always) exciting bunch, we want to hear from you.
We’re irreverent and hard working, and you’ll get a fantastic ground-level view of an exciting music industry.
Here are the details:
THE COMPANY: Split Works is a ground breaking music event & festival promoter focused on developing contemporary music in China. Our committed, energetic and empowered team spans music event planning and management, media and marketing planning, international and domestic artist liaison, touring and promotion.
THE JOB: Will include but is not limited to….
– Support the media manager with administration and web media
– Street PR & Promotions
– Assist writing press releases (Good writing skills is preferred)
– Translate interview material
– Support at all events (gigs, festivals, conferences)
– Other admin tasks, as they come up
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the answers to the following questions:
– We require our interns to work a minimum of 3 full days week (but prefer more), are you able to commit to that? Which days would suit you?
– We require our interns to commit to a minimum of 3 months(but prefer longer). Can you tell me what months you can commit to – best if you can give me a start date and an end date?
– Do you have your own computer?
– We have offices in Shanghai and Beijing – which do you prefer?
– Why are you interested in this position?
– What makes you think you could be a good fit for this team?
– What skills do you most want to learn through the internship?