POSITION English PR Assistant
START DATE ASAP
SALARY Dependent on experience
LOCATION Shanghai or Beijing
Do you want a career in the music industry?
Can you write like a pro with superb attention to detail?
If the answer is yes, you might be our next English PR Assistant. In this role, you’ll spread our music message to build bands, brands, and our media and most importantly our events and festivals.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for music in all its genres (if that is possible), possess excellent (English) writing skills, and can develop lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external influencers.
This person is one who thrives in a flexible, innovative, democratic and highly collaborative team environment.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing English content on our websites
- Writing our English Newsletters and Press Releases
- Manage the English Language Media Relationships and be responsible for delivering substantial article content beyond just listings.
- Serve as our English resident blogger
- Create a consistent stream of interesting and informative content for current users and influencers (e.g., ghost writing, by-line articles, op-ed, guest posting).
- Build and maintain relationships with social media personalities to expand the reach of our unique content beyond our core users.
- Grow and oversee all our companies social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Wechat.
- Keep track of English social media trends, and trends more widely
- Create best practice for social media use
- Develop and maintain relationships with select English Media
- Attend music events regularly / report.
- Research when required.
Split Works is a small company so we require everyone to help out where ever needed, so there will be lots of opportunity to roll your sleeves up and pitch in with our events.
- You are a native English speaker
- You have a superiority complex over your writing abilities, can write with a variety of brand voices, and never miss a typo.
- Happy to work overtime during busy periods, but it is music related so you generally love it.
Prefer to have:
- You LOVE all things music related
- Working for a Music company is your dream job
- Prefer 1+ years of experience as a writer and / or public relations professional.
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with web trends / analytics’ and stays up-to-date on the “next big thing”
- Can build customer loyalty – ie increasing follower numbers dramatically
- An ability and enthusiasm for bringing and executing upon fresh ideas
- Highly organized, ability to focus, schedule and prioritize and multitask
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas
- Ability to roll your sleeves up and help out at all our music gigs
- A degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or communication
- Basic HTML knowledge
WHO WE ARE:
We are one of China’s largest music promoters. As a group we own festival (and other) properties (including JUE | Music + Art Festival, Concrete & Grass Music Festival), websites and blogs (China Music Radar, Wooozy).
Split Works Consulting:
Our sister company is an integrated boutique agency who specializes in Music Consulting in Asia. We embed brands into the fabric of consumers lives through the strategic use of Music, Entertainment and Technology. We specialize in: Creative Planning | Strategy and Innovation| Production | Technology | Entertainment Events | Festivals.
Launched in April 2009, Wooozy is one of the first Chinese-language specialist web publications focusing on both underground and mainstream music.
Our team is made up of hard working and relentless problem-solvers, and we’re constantly looking for new and unconventional ways to move the ball forward within the new media landscape.
We are small and don’t believe in hierarchy and want everyone to contribute above and beyond their job descriptions. We embrace hard work and strategic insight is at the core of everything we do.
If you think you meet the criteria above please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS ONLY.